|Hector eating fish fingers on the beach|
Hector is a texture fiend - he loves anything crunchy or with a crispy coating. He particularly loves fish fingers, but I do worry how much salt and other things are added, when we are away from home. When I made Chicken Kiev, I was left with the inner fillets from the chicken breast and some extra breadcrumbs, so I made chicken patties, with just five ingredients.
Ingredients (makes about 4 small patties)
250g chicken meat
1 tbsp coriander
1 tbsp polenta
1 tbsp bread crumbs
1. Place the chicken meat and coriander in a food processor and pulse for 10 seconds. Scrape the sides down and pulse further if necessary, but keep the texture rough.
2. Add the egg and pulse for 5 seconds. The pattie mix will be quite runny.
3. Add the polenta until the pattie mix is stiff but remains sticky.
4. Take 2 tbsp of mix and form it into a pattie.
5. Flatten the patty and dip both sides in the breadcrumbs.
6. Fry on both sides for 3 minutes (depends how thick the patties are).
If you don't have a food processor, you can chop the chicken by hand and mix in the egg and polenta with a spoon and mixing bowl.